I attended a three day Global Marketplace Exchange Conference (GME) in Melbourne last week. About 160 people were in attendance, all with a passion to see God’s plan for nations, in particular Australia, realized. In attendance were business, civic and professional leaders along with Pastors, Ministers and Christian Organisation leaders.
GME is to be a platform to promote the Kingdom of God influence throughout the domains of the marketplace. It was a first in bringing Church and Marketplace people together for this purpose. Check out the website www.riveroflifeconference.org/content/GME_Collaborative_Conference_2015.pdf
Conference objectives included:
1. Formation of relationships in the marketplace from different backgrounds and traditions.
2. Multiply influence through cooperation, convergence and multiplication through synergy.
3. Mentoring of emerging leaders.
4. Exchanging Kingdom insights.
5. Incubating Kingdom objectives in the domains.
6. Cross fertilization of ideas and sharing of experiences and success stories.
7. Discovering ministries and sharing resources.
8. Encouraging referrals
9. Develop training and equipping opportunities to take the Great Commission into the marketplace.
An area of Church ministry that is of critical importance to the marketplace is the training and equipping of the saints to serve Jesus well in their daily occupations. Of particular importance is the discipling of young people from school and campus to the workforce. In this regard the training materials produced by the International Christian Chamber of Commerce are exemplary particularly the Transformed Working Life Series.
If any business or church leaders are interested in putting on a Build a Kingdom Business training seminar or learning more about the ICCC training resources then please contact me by email at email@example.com.