I attended a three day Global Marketplace Exchange Conference (GME) in Melbourne last week. About 160 people were in attendance, all with a passion to see God’s plan for nations, in particular Australia, realized. In attendance were business, civic and professional leaders along with Pastors, Ministers and Christian Organisation leaders.
GME is to be a platform to promote the Kingdom of God influence throughout the domains of the marketplace. It was a first in bringing Church and Marketplace people together for this purpose. Check out the website www.riveroflifeconference.org/content/GME_Collaborative_Conference_2015.pdf
Conference objectives included:
1. Formation of relationships in the marketplace from different backgrounds and traditions.
2. Multiply influence through cooperation, convergence and multiplication through synergy.
3. Mentoring of emerging leaders.
4. Exchanging Kingdom insights.
5. Incubating Kingdom objectives in the domains.
6. Cross fertilization of ideas and sharing of experiences and success stories.
7. Discovering ministries and sharing resources.
8. Encouraging referrals
9. Develop training and equipping opportunities to take the Great Commission into the marketplace.
An area of Church ministry that is of critical importance to the marketplace is the training and equipping of the saints to serve Jesus well in their daily occupations. Of particular importance is the discipling of young people from school and campus to the workforce. In this regard the training materials produced by the International Christian Chamber of Commerce are exemplary particularly the Transformed Working Life Series.
If any business or church leaders are interested in putting on a Build a Kingdom Business training seminar or learning more about the ICCC training resources then please contact me by email at email@example.com.
I recently attended an ICCC Conference in Athens entitled Possessing The Land – It’s Time! We believe that it is a new season for ICCC when the Lord is calling us to possess the land. The manna (wilderness) season is over. It’s time to possess the land as did the Israelite’s but there are many battles ahead and one dimension of this for us is to identify the personal and collective Jericho’s of our time! We have to advance through Godly strategy and wisdom by His grace!
The ICCC International Board are convinced that our calling to business and the working life has great significance at this time in history. The Lord says to us through Ezekiel 12:28
“None of My words will be postponed any more, but the word which I speak will be done!”
- To possess your promised land, you must begin to see yourself as God sees you.
- To possess our promised land our thinking and believing must be, we are well able, for the Lord is with us.
- To possess your promised land you must “tread upon it” but guided constantly by the Holy Spirit and meditating on God’s Word.
- To possess the land , we must sanctify ourselves – it’s not about you; it’s ALL about Him!
- To possess the land we must hear from God and discover His strategy for crossing over, and for taking Jericho.
- To possess the land we must fully obey the instructions of our Lord. When we listen, God speaks. When we obey, God acts! We must take a step of faith – driven by love!
If you want to receive strategy for how to possess your land can I suggest you consider joining ICCC. Check out the website www.iccc.net or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE MEANT TO BE MANAGING GOD’S CREATION TODAY
Our task is to mobilize and equip Kingdom entreprenurs, executives, government leaders into the purposeful, strategic, global Kingdom initiatives underway in our day.
Central to this is the understanding that there is a Kingdom of God and there is a Kingdom of Darkness. We need to fully operate in the knowledge that “we battle with the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” Ephesians 6:12. We have the victory if we put on the full armour of God and stand firm. Faith is a fight – “Fight the good fight of faith” 1 Timothy 6:12.
Jesus said we need to pray that His Kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. This requires total obedience to God’s purposes and principles in the operation and decision making process of our business activities. God’s power is then released into our lives and circumstances.
Organisations such as the International Christian Chamber of Commerce play an important role in developing an interactive network of mature dedicated , Christian business, educational and government leaders capable of impacting the marketplace for God.
Understanding the times is central to the development of effective and anticipatory Kingdom responses to todays constantly changing conditions in the marketplace. Major paradigm shifts are currently underway, involving nations, markets, economies, ethnic groups , resources and global relationships.
We believe it is a time of unusual strategic alliances between the Lord’s chosen in the marketplace, and a group of uniquely chosen persons of the world; much like Pharaoh in the time of Joseph or King Cyrus during the time of Babylonian captivity. God is in control and working out His purposes in the marketplace. Our role is to get in step with what He is doing.